Setting 2013 Goals

This year I want to make them into something I can really reach for in 12 months and I want to make them simple, straight forward and to the point.

Here is a great post on how to do just that on Navy Wives Unite.

Krista Wells explains that we should set three goals, one from each category.

The Categories:
1. Health
2. Wealth
3. Wise

She also explains that we need to ask ourselves, "Who do I want to become in the process of reaching these goals?" and "Why do I want them?"

I think this is a very important idea, because what is the point of setting a goal if you don't want to change, aspire, or act.  We need to dig deep and find what it is we really want to accomplish (who you want to become) and how we are going to do that (which would be your specific goal) early on in goal setting.

By only picking three goals, we can really concentrate on them.  We are starting small and working our way that "Who"we want to become!  Whether you concentrate one one at a time, splitting up your year into three different goals, or you work gradually on all three together through out the year, I think you will see the results you are looking for.

What if you accomplish all three before the end of the year? Wells says to focus on three goals at a time and once you have reached where you want to be through those three goals, that you move onto your next three goals.



Here are my three goals for 2013!
I will report back on how these are going throughout the year or when I do actually meet them.

1. Health: Cut out most processed food. Don't buy them or bring them into the house, look at ingredients before I buy things, look for natural ingredients and alternatives to artificial ingredients.

2. Wealth: Take online business tutorials and put some jewelry in my shop. Make time to watch tutorials and to make jewelry, prepare a good business base, shop, and blog for Craftcation in March.

3. Wise: Camp more! I would like to see more places in California, so I can experience and know where I live better.  I want to find all the prettiest spaces in Southern California in 2013 and enjoy them, document them, and share them.

4. I am going to add this goal because I just cannot ignore it in 2013.
Plan my wedding! :)

Share your goals, write them down, let others help keep you accountable.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2013 MAD DREAM DESIGN, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

Pin It button on image hover