Create Every Day Project



Who has time to create every day???
I think we all do!

Or I think it is important that we do create every day...to stay connected, to get inspired, to get exposure to new things, and to not give up. We are all creatives and there is always time to create, you just have to tell ourselves there is and then make the time.

I have a chalkboard by our side door and for the past couple of months it has had this quote on it:

"You do have time to create."
It is my daily reminder.



After a bit of creative U-Turn a couple of weeks ago, I decided it was important that I just to stay creative, doing even the littlest thing each day (I have to remind myself of this constantly). This was mostly inspired by Week 10 in The Artist's Way, and this post on my friend Allie's blog, Between Dreams.

Here is the list Allie posted:

Photo Credit: Between Dreams

I love this list for a few reasons.
1. It show we are all creatives.
2. A few things are already things we like doing daily.
3. It keeps it simple.
I also love #2, 24, 29, 32.

I have been finding that we can make being creative into something extremely complicated...when in reality, it couldn't be simpler. I went to art school...your creativity had some pressure put on because your grades mattered. I work as a graphic designer, some pressure is put on my creativity to make sure I preform. These things complicate creativity.

Okay, I am not talking about work or school...I am talking about fun creative things to keep me inspired. The one thing I miss most about working in graphic design is working with my hands, getting them dirty and moving around a shop. Love that. That is where jewelry comes in for me. I just have to make sure I do a little bit every week. It is hard when life gets in the way...paddling, work, exercise, friends, family, pets, traveling, planning my wedding (oh ya...) and eating!!
But it is worth it.

Create Every Day Project


So where does the project fit in?

In order to make sure I am creating daily, I am starting the Create Every Day Project. The CEDP will be a weekly post featuring what I am working on (things in progress), what I created the previous week (finished projects), how I got inspired (what I have found), or maybe even a tutorial on how I made something (so you can make it too). I am interested to see what all the weeks will end up looking like, all the different ways I find myself creating, and how it will keep me honest about creating. I think it will be a lot of fun!

Would you like to join in on this project? Should we do a link up party, so we can share all of our projects each week? Leave your thoughts and comments below. I look forward to sharing my projects with you!


  photo signituresmall_zps613ffef0.jpg




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2013 MAD DREAM DESIGN, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

Pin It button on image hover