My posse...of cats


Poppy aka. Princess Poppy or Cat Statue


Paco aka. Paco Buddy

Yota aka. Yodddeeeerss


These three light up my life. All for different reasons, since they have such strong, independent personalities, that I never knew existed!

First of all I have to say, I was a dog person. But this dog person, fell in love with not one cat, but three cats, and she fell hard. These are my kids for now, and yes they are spoiled and have the whole guest bedroom to themselves. Can you say first world problem cats?

The thing is I had no idea what was coming to me when I adopted Paco and Poppy from a stray mama cat that had just had kittens. The mama cat was pregnant, and was taken in by a family that gave all the kittens away in pairs and kept her in the end. Six months later we came across Yota...short for Toyota...trapped in the engine bay of my roommates Toyota. She had taken a drive and had survived the freeway, a hot engine and moving parts without a scratch! Once we got her out, her stray family would not take her back. So we kept her, she was only 6 weeks old at the time. And now she lives high on the hog, with no desire to ever leave the house again. Paco and Poppy, have grown up together with a very live curiosity and playfulness. The Daytona 500 takes place in our house weekly, with them doing hot laps and ending with a major crash and a victorious winner.

What I did not see coming was the love, the fun, the expressions, and the personalities a cat can bring. A dog brings the same things to the table, just in a different way. I've had the pleasure of learning in the past 2 years how a cat can be just as rewarding as a dog.

This dog person is now very much a cat and dog person.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2013 MAD DREAM DESIGN, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

Pin It button on image hover