Create Every Day // Custom Designs

I have been working on a few custom designs over the past few months and I thought this would be the perfect place to share them with you.

These projects are something you would not usually see in my shop as they are extremely time consuming, but they are so much fun to do. To really liked working on both of these projects, with an open deadline that I can really just get lost in the design of them.

The first design is a letter opener I made my sister (for ahem...Christmas...). I was inspired by the copper designs coming out of the Arts and Crafts movement, particularly designs originating from Roycroft School of Design (circa early 20th century). Such timeless and simply gorgeous pieces were created during that time period.

When designing this piece I knew I wanted it to be copper and to be personalized. I also wanted it to be different and one of a kind that spoke to my sister's timeless and classic manner. Here are a few shots I got of it at a vacation house in Palm Springs...loving the light.



Here is a shot for our room in Palm Springs (loved it)!


The second is a bracelet I made for my cousin's birthday. She just turned 10, so talk about a fun project! I could be totally youthful and I was able to use one of her chalk drawings as inspiration for the piece. I decided to combine a different element into this piece that I don't normally work with, leather. My Dad is a pro with leather, so we got collaborate on this piece together which is always fun.

Here is a shot I got of it in the studio. I love the copper and leather together!

Enjoy!

 photo signituresmall_zps613ffef0.jpg


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2013 MAD DREAM DESIGN, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

Pin It button on image hover