Wanderlust Wednesday // Spring 2013

2013 has been a craaazzzy year...to say the least.

It is one of those times in life where you are like how on earth did I think I was so busy before all this???

This year:
Started planning our wedding
Started my own business
Will attend 5 weddings/receptions by the years end
Paddled the 6 man outrigger season
Travel to: Monterey, Big Sur, Ventura, Havasu, Florida, Palm Springs (2x), Catalina (2x), Hawaii (possibly 2x)...and  I know there will be more since Fall is our favorite time to weekend camp trips!

"Have I gone mad?
 I'm afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland  


...I hope this is true.

I have already written about my trips to Big Sur and Monterey in my Central California Road Trip post and Ventura was all about Craftcation, which I wrote about here and here. I can't write about Hawaii (I leave in a matter of days!), but I have yet to write about my Spring trips! Havasu and Florida in April, and Catalina in May!

I had not really gotten a chance to go through the photos from these trips until recently and I been loving going back through and enjoying the memories this past week.

Havasu
My Aunty's wedding.
This was my first time in Havasu and the lake and views were of course gorgeous. It looked like a typical Spring break hang out...which is what it is most known for becasue the weather is so nice. It was hot but dry so I was in heaven. I love the desert (don't tell Jimi). I am a huge fan of dry heat, warm winds, fiery sunsets, and giant mesas always in view. Here are a few photos from the trip.


We really loved these trees..they were every where there!


The best sunset.

Can't beat hot weather and the pool.


Florida
Jimi's cousin wedding and a weekend with his family at their house in Florida.
This was my second time to Florida, check out my first Florida trip post here, but this was my first trip to where Jimi spent most of his summer's as a kid. Sebastian, FL sits along a lazy river just off of the Intercoastal. We made sure we were out on the water each day we were there. The quiet serenity of the river was truly wonderful. We also made it out to the Intercoastal to hang out on the sand bar that sits in the middle. It is kind of a perfect place to set up camp and stay awhile. Got some great shots of us on the water.




Sandbar in the Intercoastal.



Catalina
A paddle around Catalina kind of weekend.
I had never been to the backside of Catalina, so this trip was a first. I love Catalina, so to get to see the whole island from the water was something special. The water is turquoise toward the south end on the back side, and there are great rock formations on the north end. I got to paddle a little bit, but mostly drove the boat, took photos and enjoyed the scenery. Here are a few shots I got of the paddle.


Camping on a boat...not so bad!

Paddle across the channel

Avalon, Catalina Island


Two Harbors, Catalina Island


*Part II will be my summer trips so far, which I will post next Wednesday while I am in Hawaii!



Happy Travels!

 photo signituresmall_zps613ffef0.jpg


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2013 MAD DREAM DESIGN, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

Pin It button on image hover