Texture

I love texture and it being one of the elements of art, it is kind of a big deal  It is my favorite to explore and seek out inspiration for my next project.

Inspiration can be found anywhere and visual, as well as physical, textures are always so appealing to the eye as well as your touch.  I like things you can pick up, feel and get a closer look at.  That is one thing I enjoy most about jewelry.  It is a piece of art you can pick up, feel, and better yet...wear!

I try to recreate certain textures that may be found on something soft with the metal medium of my jewelry.  It creates a nice juxtaposition.  I also try to create more of a visual texture in my work that translates into something you may never be able to feel.  For example, rough water, it looks rough with the wind sweeping through it, but when you actually touch it, it is still as smooth as flat water.  I find these concepts most interesting.

Here is some inspiration.
Enjoy!

Nature

Fabric and Clothing

Metal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2013 MAD DREAM DESIGN, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

Pin It button on image hover