52 Lists // Week 12 // Home

This week in the 52 List project we are thinking about what it means to be home.


"Home is where ever I'm with you."
- Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes

“I live in my own little world. But its ok, they know me here.”
- Lauren Myracle

“Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.”
- Gary Snyder

Home is a place of comfort, a safe haven from the world happening around us. It can be a person, a place, may places, and many people. I know I have more then one home. Then there are those wonderful things that feel like home and remind us of home, that are hard to live without, especially when we are away from that place. Here is a list of all the things that are home and feel like home.

Week 12
things that feel like home.


jimi hugs.  pets.
my bed.  memories.
my sister.
my parents.
NAC.  the ocean.
road trips.  my car.
a comfy sofa.  blankets.
my bed.  my pillow.
trees.  camping.
antiques.  photos.
art.  historic paintings.
the sound of cooking.
the smell of cinnamon.
the color white.  green.
christmas.  artichokes.
the sun on my skin.
a breathe of fresh air.
maple cabinets.
my creations.
flannel. cozy fires.
red.  enamelware.
the beach.  hot chocolate.
the smell of coffee in the morning.
pride and prejudice.
mammoth in the summer.
the california coast.

The kitchen always ends up being the heart of a home...I know ours is, we spend so much time there. Growing up in my parents house...it was all about the open downstairs living space...all center around the kitchen. So a lot of things that feel like home have to do with these two places...the colors, maple cabinets, antiques, cooking, food, sofas and big blankets to snuggle up to a fire with.

Nature has always felt far more like home then any building, besides my own house, that is where I want to be.  Whether I am on the water, in my car with all the windows down and sunroof open, or in the woods exploring...these places feel like home. But really none of these place would be the same without the people I have experienced them all with.


That is when people become home...my parents house will always be home because of the memories and relationships built there with my family. My sister will forever be my soul mate, because miles can never move those feelings of home with family. But then what about the new life we make for ourselves outside of our families...those become home too and eventually another family is created. Place like NAC for the community and escape it offers and then a new house, the one I have made with Jimi. This home took a little bit getting used...possibly about 2 years, but now it is my home, not only because it holds my bed, my pets and my creations, but it also holds my heart. This is not about a place, it is about a person. Jimi...one kiss to forget the world, one hug to send it all away and one look to know that this is what home looks like.


I found this list to be comforting and one that I can see growing over my lifetime as new people, places and things become familiar and eventually home. It is an ever present reminder of what is truly important in this life. So, what feels like home to you? I am looking forward to what everyone comes up with.



Enjoy home!

 52 Lists Project with Moorea Seal


5 comments:

  1. I love your list and you are right you can have more than one home! Any place that makes you feel loved, protected and relaxed is home.

    Nik
    14th & Peachtree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Thank you for stopping by Nik!
      xo Maddie

      Delete
  2. I definitely think the kitchen is one of the big things that make some place feel like home! Especially if you can cook and have people over sharing the love over some awesome foods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun list. It reads a little like a list poem.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2013 MAD DREAM DESIGN, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

Pin It button on image hover