Falling For Friday // 3-1-13

Hello March, Hello Spring. Since winter is coming to a close and we are heading into spring, longer days and lots of flowers...I thought I would share my winter favorites, what I love about the transition from winter to spring, and my excitement for spring today on Falling for Friday!

1 // 2 // 3 // 4
I loved this Winter!
cinnamon pinecones.
beanies, boots and scarves.
peppermint mochas.
camping and bonfires.
home, cozy, blankets.
crisp morning walks.

1 // 2
Crazy about for Spring!
roses.
maxi skirts.
iced tea.
camping and the beach.
being out in the neighborhood.
morning light through the window.

1 // 2
This winter has been good to me, as it is every year. Such a busy time of year with all the festivities, but always a favorite, because I get to hibernate and get cozy with a fire.
What is not to love?

I like the changing of the seasons and even though we don't get extreme weather here in California, the one thing I love most is watching the seasons change here. The subtleties in the air, the turning leaves, new growth, and the smell...each season has that smell, when you first walk out your front door in the morning. Right now we are getting crisp nights, mellow mornings and sunny days...there is still that quietness of winter, but a new light coming through the window that only means warmer days ahead. My roses are/were trimmed back, and I am already seeing tons of new growth.

Spring means getting back into it, starting anew, and finally getting more sun in my life. I am always ready for the longer days...they are my favorite. The lighting at this time of year is amazing, as if it knows we need to be woken up, but does it ever so softly, slowly preparing us for the harsh light of summer. All the flowers and the birds start to come out, and I start to get back out on the water more. It is a good time to appreciate what I had been missing while in hibernation.

Falling For Friday


Happy Spring! 

11 comments:

  1. I share your thoughts on Spring...although it's been a good winter, I'm very much looking forward to the new season. As a Canadian girl...I'm so jealous that your 'winter' is in California though, lol!!!
    Lish @ Imprintalish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom is a Canadian girl so I have heard of your winters in Canada, so I do not blame you for looking forward to Spring. I loved Canada when I went (in summer haha), would love to go back soon! xo Maddie

      Delete
  2. I can NOT wait for spring! But...we never really get a spring or a summer for that matter. Just a few days really. Scotland stays cool and wet year round. But we'll have a week at the end of May that will be gorgeous and it will get up to 65 degree's! I can't wait! 1 week of pure goodness.

    Then the rain will come....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A perfect weather week in May in Scotland sounds divine! Lush green and everyone out in about in the warm weather...definitely something to enjoy! xo Maddie

      Delete
  3. The fire and beachside photos are calling my name! Yes, goodbye winter indeed!!!

    Just love // kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh reading your description of spring makes me so excited for it!! I'm with you though... I love the change of seasons. Even though I complain about the heat or the cold, I wouldn't give up the change for anything.

    Thanks for linking up with us for Falling for Friday!!
    xo
    Dawnelle
    Just Dawnelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh spring, please come soon. lovely post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how you put those things together: I also long for spring, but there is/has been also so much good winter stuff one can think about,
    I totally agree!xxxnoni!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear that someone else out there is a fan of winter! It's acutally one of my favorite seasons, and I agree...is there anything better than a nice cozy fire?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2013 MAD DREAM DESIGN, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

Pin It button on image hover