Heart Art Series

New Series: Heart Art

I have been working this idea in my head and yesterday morning it started to really take form. I really love promoting other artists, especially ones that inspire me, but rather than just promote them I want to get to know them and their thoughts behind their work...whether it be a small interview or just a look behind the scenes into their studio. This is what this series will be about. A deeper look in to a variety of different art forms we all love. The deeper meaning behind the idea and people seeing them out.

I am going to start this series off slow and start with Mad Dream Design and then start to move it toward others and maybe eventually have guest posts be apart of this series. I really want my blog to become a place to dream, create, inspire and be a great resource for art, artists, and design inspired by art. As an art history major, one of my favorite things hands down, was discovering the meanings behind every little detail in a painting or the "mad idea" behind a contemporary sculpture.

You can read more about me under the MAD. tab. Instead of talking about me, I am going to talk about my Spring 2013 Collection I just launched last week on Etsy. Check it out here!

Heart Art // Mad Dream Spring 2013 Collection
Tribe Vibes

My art has always been inspired by nature and animals. In painting class my best work was always a landscape painting - I should have known then. I guess you always just end up gravitating to what you are inspired most by in your work without much thought...this new idea I have is not usually that new because it is a concept of something I already saw in nature. My Spring 2013 Collection is no exception, which is why I have named it Tribe Vibes.


Tribe Vibes is all about getting back to our roots and the values that came with them. For example, birds were always a sign of good luck, the animal that lived between heaven and earth, a sacred creature that meant good things were coming when it crossed your path. The value of family and respect for animals and nature. The power of the ocean and energy of the sky. These are all things that spoke to me and this collection.

Next time, I will be looking at the inspiration and depth behind each piece in my collection.  Each piece offers something different and 5% of its proceeds goes to an animal or nature preservation non-profit organization. I will be sharing my experience with all of them and what they mean to me and Mad Dream.

I am excited for this series to take form and for the inspiration and new friends we find.

Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2013 MAD DREAM DESIGN, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

Pin It button on image hover