To be, or not to be, that is the question.

So this week's prompt for the 52 Lists Project is to list your favorite quotes. My first thought was well I just have so many...I couldn't possibly list them all. Honestly though, who can? We all have favorite quotes that literally mean the world to us. They hold a dear place in our hearts for all time, a few days, depending on the day or the time in your life, but they all find a little spot to resonate.

Words of wisdom, words passed down through generations, words of love, passages, poems, lyrics, and verses - they are all quotes and words we find comfort in. They are used to inspire, captivate, calm, express, and motivate to do something that is so much bigger than us - live life. Naturally, depending on how you wish to pursue life, you will find solace in different quotes than others, but you will also find like people, that find those same words special. Who knows, it could be a completely different reason as to why, but there is still a connection. Words set us apart, but they also bring us together.

Week 15  
favorite quotes. 

Life and Dreams

Mermaid by Biljana Kroll, via Behance

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." 
- Anais Nin   

This defines me so well and how I feel about life...I am not afraid to feel, and I  so want for that depth, but I am afraid of never fulling achieving my own personal depth (we all have one), or living a shallow life. This quote helps me keep the focus of what I will always want out of life. I truly love this illustration by Biljana Kroll. She has some really artistic, typographic designs that are fresh and full of color. The line work and compositions are well thought out and the colors are like a dream. Her work resonates with me much like this quote she has picked for this particular illustration. You can see her portfolio here.

"Be thirsty heart, seek forever without a rest. Let this soundless longing hidden deep inside you be the source of every word you say."
- Rumi

"Be the heroine of your life, not the victim."
- Nora Ephron

"The cure for anything is salt water...sweat, tears and the sea." 
- Isak Dinesen 

“When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there.” 

- George Harrison
 

Love

"Dream without fear, love without limits."
- Glamour Kills

"If there ever comes a day we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."
- Winnie the Pooh

"In a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you."
- Unknown 

"Where there is love, there is life" 
- Gandhi


Art

Photo Credit

"I'm going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life."
- Elsie de Wolfe

Yes, is this not the life of a creative? Is this not what we all strive for in life, in general? To make beautiful things, beautiful people, beautiful words. I am not talking just about outer beauty...I am talking about things that are purely beautiful, inner beauty and outer beauty for the things they wonderfully have to offer the world.


"Everything you imagine is real." 
- Pablo Picasso

"Art is the only way to runaway without leaving home."
- Twyla Tharp

That and reading, I say.


Adventure

Photo Credit

"Traveling - it leaves you speechless, and then turns you into a storyteller."
- Ibn Battuta
  
"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man."
- Unknown

I love this one, because for me it is so true. I get an itch, an angst, a thirst to get outside, get on the ocean, go camping or travel somewhere new, because I need these places to set my spirit free...even if for a few days, a few hours, a few minutes. A road trip is the most freeing thing in this world to me...nothing has compared...yet. 

via Instagram @maddiedierkes

 I have a few other quote posts that have some other favorites here and here. You can also see a whole lot of fun quotes I have pinned on My Famous Last Words board.


What are some of your favorite quotes? I would love to hear them.



xo,

52 Lists Project with Moorea Seal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2013 MAD DREAM DESIGN, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

Pin It button on image hover