52 Lists Project // Week 8

For more info on the 52 Lists Project, head over to Moorea Seal.

Prompt: List your favorite albums.

I love classic rock and a good album is simply the best. There is nothing like the original idea of having a compilation of songs that are all meant for each other, that are actually enhanced as a group. It is hard to come by in popular music now, not like in the classic rock days, in my opinion. There is such a big focus on hit songs now in music. I find myself not liking many of the other songs on the album or the hit single is more catchy than anything. So for that reason I am really excited about this prompt...I am excited to see what albums others enjoy. I love finding new (to me) music.

This topic was also kind of hard. What constitutes a favorite album? Because, I have a lot of favorites, so I originally listed all of those. But, then Jimi asked me, do you really like every single song on the album? This is how Jimi justifies a favorite album to himself, he also says this might be a bit snobbish of him, but I can respect that. When I asked myself this, I did edit the list a bit, but there were some albums that I just couldn't leave off...so now I have this list...

*Note: That is not to say that every album on this list is pure gold, some are just fun, or spoke to me at one time, or another.

I needed a bigger notebook for this list!

Week 8
favorite albums.

The Beatles // Let it Be.
The Black Keys // El Camino.
The Who // Who's Next.
Smashing Pumpkins // Siamese Dream.
Eddie Vedder // Ukulele Songs.
Sublime // Sublime.
The Jimi Hendrix Experience // Are You Experienced.
Sara Evans // Stronger.
Neil Young // Harvest Moon.
The Cars // The Cars Complete Greatest Hits.
Jack Johnson // In Between Dreams.
Alabama Shakes // Boys & Girls.
Matt Costa // The Songs We Song.
Saves The Day // Stay What You Are.
The Doors // The Best of The Doors.
Sting // Fields of Gold.
Something Corporate // Leaving Through the Window.
Pink Floyd // The Dark Side of the Moon.
Slightly Stoopid // Closer to the Sun.
Taylor Swift // Red.
George Harrison // The Best of George Harrison.
Natasha Bedingfield // Strip Me.
Led Zeppelin // Led Zeppelin III.
The Beatles // Rubber Soul.
Enya // A Day Without Rain.
The Band Perry // The Band Perry.
Phantom Planet // The Guest.
The Black Keys // Brothers.
Rad Bones // What It Is.
Slightly Stoopid // Acoustic Roots.
Jet // Get Born.
The Beautiful Girls // We're Already Gone.
The Beatles // Abbey Road.
Imogen Heap // Speak For Yourself.
Cold Mountain Soundtrack.
Step Into Liquid Soundtrack.

Happy Listening!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I forgot about Jet and Oh my Sublime!! I did the list too and seriously I think i could have a whole blog of my favorite albums!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Seriously, spent a few hours on this list and i know there are others I have forgotten! But such a fun topic. :)

      Delete
  2. Great List!!! I see a lot of Beatles here, I went to a gallery/exhibit this morning featuring the largest collection of White Albums. I am going to post about it later this week, but I saw your list and thought I'd share. Mirroring Chloe, I totally forgot about Sublime, oops.

    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda! I will definitely have to check out your post on the exhibit...sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing! Maddie

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2013 MAD DREAM DESIGN, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

Pin It button on image hover