The Wardrobe Code - The Closet

So this is a review of the third and final part to my journey with Nicole of the Wardrobe Code in her Becoming You Style Camp. Click image below for more details!


Part 1 - My Style Muse Board
Part 2 - The Outfits
Part 3 - Closet Organization

I love to be organized and have a place for everything so this part of the journey got me pretty excited. I knew my closet was unorganized, not at its most functional or did my clothes that much justice, but I was not really worried about it. Now, after having my closet organized in this fashion for a couple of months it just makes like so much easier and it makes so much sense!

Nicole's strategy and ideas for your closet are easy, realistic, logic and make your life so much easier! She will work with you and your individual situation with in her guidelines and help brainstorm with you great ideas that work for you and your closet.

My situation prior to The Wardrobe Code "Becoming You" style camp:

A dresser - sorted by tops, shorts, pants, etc. (i.e. most of my closet and a total mess) and 2/3 of our hanging closet - jackets, sweaters, nice tops (totally under utilized). That is about it.

This photo was taken before I got rid of anything and organized it, but after I had moved things around in between my dresser and hanging closet...this was my wardrobe before.


My situation now:

Dresser - casual clothes (pjs, workout clothes, sweatshirts), bigger accessories (like bags and hats)

After some rearranging this dresser was working out much better for me

2/3 of our hanging closet - my main wardrobe, hanging accessories (belts and scarves), my shoes

After - organized and installed rods to display belts, tights and scarves

Accessories Drawer - jewelry, headbands, sunglasses (these were kind of everywhere before)
***I don't know why I didn't think of this one before, my mom had a jewelry drawer when I was younger and I loved it...so much fun to try it all on...now I get to do the same thing, but I am dressing up for work instead.

This drawer was kinda a knick knack drawer before...love it now for my jewelry!

Follow along at Nicole's blog for more wardrobe and closet tips - really great stuff always happening over there.

Enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2013 MAD DREAM DESIGN, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena

Pin It button on image hover